Gilbertsville Farmhouse specializes in the Weekend Wedding Concept
Corporate Retreats/Professional Workshops.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a venue for your wedding or event. You want it to be special, unique, beautiful, relaxing, fun and convenient for your guests. You want it to reflect you and your message. We get it, and we have worked very hard to create a space that will make you proud.
Scenery - Scenery abounds here. It is what first drew our family to this amazing place.
- Gilbertsville Farmhouse is comprised of 125 acres of all of nature's wonders.
- A tree-lined 250-foot long driveway sets the scene as you and your guests make your arrival.
- Drive alongside our pond enjoying your first view of the majestic mountains that surround us.
- Our life-size L.O.V.E. sign create an instant photo op and our goats may pose for selfies!
- Fitted with antique church pews, our mountainside wedding ceremony field enjoys similar breathtaking views.
- Our glamping site and hilltop field have amazing views of our farm and surrounding areas.
- For those more adventurous overnight guests, a hike through the woods leads to a creek with small waterfalls and lush surroundings.
Unique Features - Barn venues are everywhere these days, but none are quite like ours.
- Gilbertsville Farmhouse has two unique and beautiful barn spaces.
- Milking Parlor - there is no other barn like our milking parlor. It is definitely a fan favorite. A unique space with so much character and versatility.
- Reception Barn - our reception barn is a jaw-dropper. Its rustic bones serve as a perfect contrast to our five stunning and super-chic chandeliers - talk about standing out!
- Glamping village - we are the first NY glamping venue with 10 luxury camping tents on-site to create a unique destination wedding experience. We receive inquiries all the time from other venues that want to duplicate what we have created here.
- Hammock Park - yes, you read right. Just added in the fall of 2016, it is another feature that you will not find anywhere else. Hammocks...is there anything more to say?
Amenities - we created our spaces to be entertaining all on their own. That way, you share the space with your guests instead of "playing host".
- Outdoor movie projector for a backyard movie night,
- Professional grade volleyball net,
- Touch screen selfie cam (in our reception barn),
- 1-acre pond,
- Inviting farmhouse patio space with plenty of seating, lounge chairs and a hammock,
- Cozy farmhouse porch with outdoor drapes and rockers,
- Adirondack chairs and porches at every glamping tent,
- Endless photo ops, and acres and acres to explore or hike,
- Cute farm animals to pet and play with,
- A super-awesome hammock park.
Convenience - We're a road trip away...just far enough to create that sense of getting away, but not too far to inconvenience your guests.
- 3.5 hours from NYC
- 4 hours from Boston
- 4 hours from Philadelphia
- 2 hours from Albany
- 1.5 hours from Syracuse
- 1 hour from Binghamton
Lodging - Our venue offers two on-site lodging options as well as many nearby lodging choices.
- 4 bedroom 100 year old charming farmhouse,
- One-of-kind glamping village which consists of ten (10) luxurious lodging tents and a well-appointed bathhouse/lounge,
- Accommodate 30+ guests on site,
- A 15 minute drive down the main road is our LAKEHOUSE, a 2 bedroom/1bath (sleeps 10) vacation rental home available for rent,
- Just down the road, in the village of Gilbertsville, there are B&B style options and private vacation homes available for rent,
- For bigger hotel options, Oneonta is home to well-known brands like Holiday Inn and Marriott.
Attractions - Our area of upstate New York has many things to do and areas to visit.
- We are a 40 minute scenic local drive to Cooperstown, NY, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame, Fenimore Art Museum, the Farmer's Museum and the world renowned Ommegang Brewery.
- Once the hops-growing capital of North America, the area is also home to the Cooperstown Beverage Trail, which boasts breweries, wineries, a distillery and an historic cider mill.
- Oneonta, situated just south of Cooperstown in the Susquehanna Valley, is known as the "City of the Hills" and home to the State University College at Oneonta and Hartwick College. Oneonta's quaint Main Street is filled with cafes and boutiques.