GOAT YOGA COMES TO NEW YORK!
It all started when...
Goats have been a part of Gilbertsville Farmhouse since 2015, when we fell in love with two beautiful Alpine/LaMancha baby goats. We brought them to our farm as pets, bottle fed them, and made them a part of our family. They are sisters, one is a brunette and one is a blonde and we named them Thelma & Louise. In 2016, we decided to add to our tiny herd. During the girls' breeding "dates" at a neighboring goat farm, we fell in love again. This time, with a tiny Nubian goat with big floppy ears. She looked like the runt of the litter and way too tiny for the purposes of the farm where she lived. Noticing our interest, the goat farmer asked - "do you want her?" Without hesitation or planning, we said - "YES!!" That afternoon Lyla joined our brood.
In July 2016, Thelma gave birth to another pair of beautiful sisters, Marianne & Ginger. Our first experience at goat-birthing was super easy. We woke up, went into our goat barn and there they were. Two gorgeous newborns! Thelma did it all by herself. Since then, it's been the five girls, Thelma, Louise, Lyla, Marianne and Ginger, living happy goat lives at our farm. Not only are they happy, but they make us happy too. Every night, Katie, our very own Goat Whisperer, and our kids let the goats out to wander and play. That's sacred "goat-time" around here. We have learned that goat therapy is real.
On Easter 2017, our children (with Katie's help) surprised us with our two newest additions - two Nigerian Dwarf goats, a boy and a girl! We were beyond thrilled. They are mini goats that will only grow to 2 feet, they are adorable and they are perfect for... GOAT YOGA. Oh, and their names - Forrest and Jenny!
Goat Yoga Classes:
- One Hour Class.
- 30 spots per class.
- $22 per spot.
- Classes are held outdoors weather permitting.
- Classes are moved indoors in case of rain.
- Please bring your own mat or towel.
- No refunds or make-up classes unless class is cancelled by us.
- We have indoor restrooms.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- The yoga will be designed for beginners so do not be discouraged. Feel free to rest if you need to.
- Feel free to take Goat Selfies.
- Children are welcome, but they should be able to make it through an hour long yoga class - about 10 years old.
- Only those people participating in the class and who have paid for a spot can come.
Sign up for a class:
Please sign up through our EventBrite link.